Sunday 10 April 2016

Post HM55 - let the dust settle...

Now I've had a few days to think about it, the rose tinted specs have been donned and I feel much better about the whole thing.

Still have stuff to work on.
Still bricking myself over the HM110.

But, I feel ready to get stuck into the next part of my training. Got some heavy weights and hill reps lined up, along with a couple more 25-30 mile runs.

I've maintained my streak, having run every day since the ultra. (Bearing in mind those runs have been around a mile and very slow and creaky!!) but each one gets easier.
And Tuesday I had an epic stretching session with my PT John. We spent 45 mins just stretching, doing mobility stuff, foam rolling and to finish off, he stretched me. In all, it was more painful than running the 55!! BUT I regained the use of my ankle and the run home felt sooooo much better than the shuffle down to the studio. My legs feel great.

The weights we are doing must have helped as the muscles in my hips are usually one of the first things to start aching on long runs, especially if the terrain is flatish, on Saturday they only started to hurt a couple of miles from the finish. Big improvement.

Onwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment